This guide describes the way of obtaining data from CMSV6 in Wialon with the example of video transmission. This process includes creating and configuring a unit and a command with a video request. Other types of commands are enumerated at the end of this document.
For correct video transmission in Wialon, it is required to set up a proxy server on the side of CMSV6 and configure it so that the data is transferred via HTTPS connection.
- Create a unit. In the Device type field on the General tab, select CMSV6 Gateway. Enter the unique identification number of the device indicated in CMSV6.
- Go to the device configuration by clicking on the icon .
- Fill in the required fields in the open dialog box.
▪ CMSV6 Web Host. The IP address or domain name from the URL of the CMSV6 website. In case of using a secure connection, you should specify the protocol (for example, https://22.214.171.124 or https://yourcmsv6site.com).
▪ CMSV6 Web Port. The port from the URL of the CMSV6 website, if any. You can also indicate the host and port in the CMSV6 Web Host field. In this case, you should not fill in the CMSV6 Web Port field.
▪ CMSV6 Account. Name of the CMSV6 account.
▪ CMSV6 Password. Password of the CMSV6 account (twice).
▪ Prefer Flash Player for Live Stream. The option is enabled by default. Disable it if you want to use HLS instead of RTMP.
▪ CMSV6 Timezone in minutes. The difference between the time zone of the device and GMT+0 in minutes, if they differ. For example, if the time zone of the device is GMT +3, you should type 180 (without the plus sign) in the field. The device as well as the CMSV6 and Wialon accounts should have the same time zones.
- Click ОК.
- On the Commands tab of the unit properties, create a command of the Request Live Stream (request_live_stream) type with the name RequestLiveStream#1. Such name (spelled in one word) is required to send the command automatically by clicking on the icon on the Monitoring tab. Commands with other names can only be sent manually.
- In the Channel field, select Virtual.
- Deactivate the Without parameters option and indicate the numbers of the required channels without spaces and separating them by commas. For certain devices, numbering can start from 0.
- Save the changes.
- To start video transmission, click on the icon Monitoring tab. The option is available only after the unit sends at least one message with coordinates. in the unit list on the
Other command types
The data sent by the device, such as photo and video files, is stored on the CMSV6 server. Only links to these files are sent to Wialon. To get access to them, you should create a command of the corresponding type in the unit properties.
When this command is sent, video recordings are uploaded from the device to the CMSV6 server. If there is no connection to the device, the query execution is postponed until the device is connected to the server. To see if the video is uploaded to the CMSV6 server, execute a get_video_records_info command.
This command allows you to query information about the video that is stored in the device or on the CMSV6 servers. You can select the location of the data in the properties of the command.
After the command is executed, if there are available files, the icon Monitoring tab (the Media option). Besides, a numeric indicator shows up over the same icon in the bottom panel.
becomes active on the
Besides, you can query messages from units for the required interval (the Data messages type, show parameters as raw data). The icon will be displayed in the Media column of the resulting table. Click on it to view the found photo and video files.
The messages with media files contain the following parameters:
- video uri: the link for playing the video;
- loc: the file location (loc=2 indicates that the file is stored on the CMSV6 storage server);
- cha_n: the number of the video channel.
This command allows you to query the last GPS location.
Using this command, you can query a photograph from the camera in real time.
The command allows you to query the telematic data of the unit for the indicated period (similarly to the import of messages in Wialon).