To ensure the effective operation of the system, take into account the limitations listed below.
Logins and sessions
When logging in, consider the limitations in case of violation of which your IP address will be temporarily blocked:
- no more than 10 unsuccessful logins from one IP address per minute;
- no more than 120 successful logins from one IP address per minute;
- no more than 100 active sessions of one user from one IP address at the same time;
- no more than 4 invalid two-factor authentication codes in 100 seconds.
Procession of requests
During one session, the system can process:
- no more than 3 resource-intensive requests at the same time (loading messages, running reports, etc.);
- no more than 10 API requests at the same time;
- no more than 10 avl_evts requests in 10 seconds.
Creation of system objects
When creating system objects, consider the following limitations:
- It is not advisable to create more than 20,000 units in one service.
- In the top-level account, the maximum number of macro-objects of each type (resources, retranslators, routes, unit groups, users) can't exceed the number of units available to this account. All limitations on the number of objects are specified in the top-level account properties.
- In a subordinate account, the total number of objects (notifications, reports, resources, retranslators, routes, units, groups of units, users) as well as retransmitted units can't exceed the number of units available to the parent account. For some objects, there is a reset interval. For example, the reset interval can be once an hour for notifications and reports, once a day for retranslators and routes, and so on.
- It is not possible to create more than 31,744 micro-objects of each type (geofences, jobs, notifications, drivers, trailers, passengers, report templates, orders) in one resource.
The following limitations are applied to messages:
- No more than 1 message per second should be sent by a unit.
- No more than 200 million messages per hour can be requested from the database by a user from one IP address (for example, when executing reports or viewing tracks).
- No more than 15 million messages can be loaded by a user during all sessions at one IP address.
- No more than 15 million messages can be loaded by a user from one IP address within 2 minutes.
- No more than 500 000 messages per minute can be imported by a user from one IP address.
- 64 MB is the maximum size of a file uploaded for importing messages.
- 10 MB is the maximum size of a message in an imported WLB file.
When the limit is reached, messages stop being uploaded and imported. This can lead to difficulties when running reports, building tracks, etc. In this case, clear the tabs of tracks, messages and reports (or refresh the page), and then try again.
The following limitations are applied to reports:
- The maximum report size is 1 GB.
- The maximum number of rows in a report is 400,000.
- The maximum number of images in a report when exporting it to a PDF file is 500.
- The maximum number of executions carried out by a user within 5 minutes from one IP address is 200.
- A user can't request more reports per hour than the system can execute during an hour.
- 5 minutes is a timeout for executing a report online or by means of a notification.
- 10 minutes is a timeout for executing a report by means of a job.
When the timeout is reached, the report execution is forcibly interrupted, that is, the report is not generated. In this case, you should reduce the report interval, the number of objects, or the amount of requested data (tables, charts, etc.).
Below is a list of other limitations applied in Wialon.
- No more than 3 map tracings can be processed simultaneously during one session.
- No more than 50 tracks can be displayed on all tabs (Tracks, Monitoring, Reports, Messages) in total during one session.
- No more than 10 000 points can make up a geofence saved from a track. If the number of points is more than 10,000, the track is saved as several geofences.
- No more than 5000 points should make up a geofence so that you can edit it;
- No more than 1000 active tokens can be stored in one account. Tokens are automatically deleted after 100 days from their last use. You can also remove them manually in the list of authorized applications in the Session management window.
- The total number of retransmitted units in all retranslators of an account can't exceed the number of units in the system that are available to this account.