Different methods of data processing are used in Wialon. Some of them are as follows:
- real-time data processing;
- processing messages from the database upon request.
Real-time data processing
Real-time data processing allows for quick acquisition of data on trips, sensors, ignition, fuel, counters, speeding, and is used:
- in notifications about fuel thefts and fillings;
- on the Dashboard tab;
- in sensor values on the Monitoring tab (in unit tooltips, extended unit information, and so on).
The data obtained as a result of such processing is bound to time and constitutes time intervals.
When data is processed in real time, mileage is calculated only by GPS, regardless of the mileage counter selected in the unit properties.
Processing messages from the database upon request
All the data sent by trackers go to the database that stores it in the form of messages. Every time the user wants to obtain summary data (for example, when executing reports or viewing tracks), a request is directed to the database and the system processes all the messages for the indicated time interval.
Possible reasons for discrepancies in results
In most cases, both mechanisms of data processing give the same results. The discrepancies might arise for the following reasons:
- not all black box messages are uploaded;
- the uploaded black box messages are older than one day;
- the unit properties have been edited on the following tabs: Advanced, Trip detection, Sensors;
- the messages are imported to the database;
- the mileage counter selected in the unit properties is not GPS (because mileage is calculated by GPS in the first mechanism and by the selected counter in the second).
If you change the unit properties, the recalculation of the data processed in real time is carried out automatically in 15 minutes. In the case of processing messages from the database upon request, the changes are reflected immediately.
The data processed in real time is not recalculated in case of deleting or importing messages.