The maintenance of the Wialon Local server must be performed by a qualified Linux system administrator with competencies that allow performing the tasks stated below.
- Install, delete, relocate, start and stop the service.
- Backup the database.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain the storage system.
- Configure the network subsystem and network interfaces, configure the server to work with domain services (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SSH) and with auxiliary services (postfix/exim,nginx).
When contacting Gurtam technical support on issues related to the server administration, you should provide direct access via SSH.
- Ensure availability of the license server.
- Control the Wialon service status, the operating system, and the devices.
- Check server logs, Wialon logs and device logs, control log rotation using logrotate.
- Manage the global server settings of Wialon.
- Configure and provide the operation of Wialon sites.
- Control free disk space.
- Automate routine operations.
- Configure the mail subsystem.
- Configure the security system (iptables,fail2ban, strong passwords, and so on).
- Monitor processes on the server, check for possible viruses regularly.
- Configure modems of the GSM, SMPP gateway and network types.