This option allows you to import unit properties, resource contents, or user settings from a WLP file to an object of the corresponding type: a unit, a resource, or a user. To use this option, a previously saved WLP file is required.
Three import types are available.
|Replace||The data is completely replaced, and the list of the data which should be imported contains all the possible fields, including the empty ones, so that the corresponding completed fields of the object can be cleared if needed.|
|Merge||The new data is added to the old data, and the items with the same name are replaced.|
|Append||The new data is added to the old data, and the items with the same name are left as they are.|
Regardless of the selected import type, the eco driving criteria are always imported using the Replace type, that is, the old criteria are deleted and the new ones are entered.
To import data, follow the steps below.
- In the user menu, select Import/Export and then Import from WLP.
- Click Browse and select the required WLP file.
- Click Upload. The selected file will be processed and its contents will be displayed in the Import options section.
- In this section, select the data which should be imported.
- Select the import type: Replace, Merge, or Append.
- In the Destination items section, select the objects to which the data should be imported. To find the required objects quickly, use the dynamic search and various search criteria.
- Click OK. If all or some of the data has not been imported, a warning message is displayed on the screen. It contains a link to a file which you can download to see what data has been imported and what has not. You can see the import results in the log.
The list of the data which should be imported is checked for incompatible units of measurement, because it is not possible to transfer data from an object or a file which uses one system of measurement to an object which uses another.
When importing sensors, the validator is saved only if the set and order of sensors in the source unit are completely identical to the ones of the unit into which they are imported.
Import of vehicle types and subtypes
You can import the vehicle type and subtype to the unit properties. To do this, you should specify the key of the vehicle subtype in the import file. After importing the vehicle subtype, the corresponding type is automatically indicated in the Vehicle type field.
The required access right:
Manage custom fields — to import and export the profile properties of the unit.
You can see the keys of vehicle subtypes in the tables below.
The keys of cargo transport subtypes:
Trailers and semi-trailers
The keys of passenger transport subtypes:
The keys of special machinery subtypes:
Piling and drilling rig
Street cleaning machine
The keys of other vehicle subtypes: