Upgrading the server system is required for the proper functioning of Wialon Local technologies.
After the upgrade, it is not possible to revert to a previous version.
Wialon Local versions are upgraded consecutively, that is, one after another. For example, if you want to upgrade Wialon Local from version 1504 to 2304, you should upgrade it to version 1604 first, and then to version 1704. After that, you should perform the following operations successively:
- How to Upgrade Wialon Local from v1704 to v1804;
- How to Upgrade Wialon Local from v1804 to v1904;
- How to Upgrade Wialon Local from v1904 to v2004;
- Upgrade from v2004 to v2104. To do that, you should only install the components that become available on the System tab after purchasing version 2104;
- Upgrade from v2104 to v2204;
- Upgrade from v2204 to v2304.
The procedure for upgrading Wialon Local versions varies because they use different versions of the Debian operating system and Node.js packages.
Wialon Local versions
1504, 1604, 1704
1704, 1804, 1904
1904, 2004, 2104
|2104, 2204, 2304||11 (Bullseye)||12.x|
Range of device ports
Due to the increase in the number of supported hardware, it has become necessary to expand the range of open ports on servers with Wialon Local.
To do this, open ports from 20100 to 30000 (the previous standard range of ports is from 20100 to 21999) in the iptables rules following the steps below.
If you use the standard iptables configuration, open the /etc/iptables/rules.v4 file and replace the lines:
with the lines:
You can do the same with one command: