All the options that can be found on the Monitoring tab are described below. Depending on the tasks assigned, you can choose to display some columns and hide the others. To do this, the Can change settings option must be activated in the user properties.
By default, the Monitoring tab includes the following options:
- address (in secondary information);
- tracking units on map;
- motion state;
- data recency;
- connection state;
- quick track;
- clear list.
To customize the list, press the icon monitoring options menu. In the right column, you can select the options that are used more rarely — they will be shown in the additional menu and will be available there.in the upper right corner of the Monitoring tab. In the left column, select the options that should be displayed in the work list and in the
All the options on the Monitoring tab can nominally be divided into two types described below.
Of information. These icons contain some information about the current state of the unit (movement/stop, sensor value, connection state, data recency). For additional information, see the tooltip which appears when you point to the icon.
Of action. A click on these options allows performing an action on the unit (event registration, command or report execution, message request, track building, properties editing, removal from the work list, etc.). As a rule, all further instructions can be found in the corresponding dialog boxes. Active action buttons turn blue when you point to them.
The icons in the upper part of the work list can also be used. In some cases, it allows you to sort the units according to some properties (e.g. at the top are the moving units, at the bottom — the stationary ones, and vice versa).
All the options on the Monitoring tab are divided into 5 sections. The first one contains the Secondary information option, which allows displaying the contents of the text columns under the unit names. The following alternatives are possible:
- Driver’s name;
- Driver’s phone number;
When the private mode of the trip is detected (if the unit has the Private mode type sensor with the Do not show unit location option enabled), the information about the last known location during the previous ‘business’ trip is displayed as the current address or geofence.
Options of information
The next two sections include the options connected with the display of the information about the units. If one or several parameters in the first section (text parameters) are turned on, you can adjust the width of the corresponding columns on the Monitoring tab. To do it, hover the mouse cursor over the space between the columns whose width you want to change. When the dotted line appears, drag it to the desired side.
geofences. Resolving means the address is being searched. N/A appears for units whose location is not available, for example, in case a unit has never sent any messages.This column displays the location of the units either in the form of addresses or in the form of
|Addresses||Depending on the selected format, addresses can be longer (if they include state, region, and other elements) or shorter (e.g., street and building number only).|
|Geofences||If geofences are chosen to determine the location, once a unit gets into several of them, all the geofences are displayed and separated by commas. They are also sorted by area (from smaller to a larger one) and highlighted in the colour selected in the geofence properties. If a unit is outside of all available geofences, the address is displayed as its location. In any case, this column is the widest on the Monitoring tab which is why it is not recommended to turn it on if there is not enough space on the screen.|
To determine whether a unit is inside a geofence, the Presence in geofences option should be activated on the General settings tab. This option is enabled automatically if you select geofences for the location column.
When the private mode of the trip is detected (if the unit has the Private mode type sensor with the Do not show unit location option enabled), the last known location is displayed as the address or geofence instead of the current one and the icon appears in the unit’s caption, as well as next to its name on the Monitoring tab.
drivers. This column can contain the driver’s photo, photo, and name, or photo and phone number depending on the display option chosen in the customizer of monitoring options. The tooltip always contains the photo, name, and phone number of the driver.The column with the information about the
- : no drivers assigned;
- : the assigned driver has no photo;
- : several drivers are assigned to the unit;
- Driver activity option is activated in the unit properties on the Advanced tab). If a photo is uploaded for the driver, an exclamation mark is displayed to the right of it instead of the icon. : the assigned driver is running out of the allowed driving time (monitored when the
trailers. This column may contain the photo or photo and name of the trailer depending on the display option chosen in the customizer of monitoring options. The tooltip always contains the photo and name of the trailer assigned to the unit.The column with the information about the
- : no trailers assigned;
- : the assigned trailer has no photo;
- : several trailers are assigned (see more information in the tooltip).
Tracking units on map
/ In order to monitor the unit and always see it upon receiving the message, press the tracking icon next to its name. The icon will turn green, and a dot will appear inside of it. The unit should be already checked in the first (Show on map) column. If you click the icon in the header, the option will be applied to all the units marked in the first column.
If you activate tracking for multiple units, the map is centered and scaled in such a way that all of them are constantly in sight.
sensor). The motion state of the unit can be determined on the basis of the speed value in the latest message, by a real-time motion sensor (if configured), by Wi-Fi or LBS.This column shows if a unit is moving or if it is stationary, as well as whether the ignition is on or off (in case there is an ignition
To monitor the unit motion state, it is necessary to indicate the validity period of motion state icons (the corresponding line in the customizer of monitoring options). The validity period is the time interval (in minutes), after which the traffic state signs become inactive. Moreover, when the validity period expires, unit movement directions become hidden. The validity period can take a value from 1 to 999 minutes.
- : the unit is moving (if there is an ignition sensor, this icon also shows that the unit is moving with the engine off, that is, it is being towed or transported);
- : the unit is moving, the ignition is on;
- : the unit is stationary;
- : the unit is stationary, the ignition is on;
- : the last message was received from the unit during the validity period: the unit was moving;
- : the last message was received from the unit during the validity period: the unit was stationary;
- LBS detection; : the unit data is obtained with the help of
- : the data obtained with the help of LBS detection is outdated;
- Wi-Fi positioning; : the unit data is obtained with the help of
- : the data obtained with the help of Wi-Fi positioning is outdated;
- : there are no messages from the unit.
In case the unit is stationary, the tooltip displays the duration of this state. If the unit has a real-time motion sensor, the information about the duration is absent.
This column indicates the data recency: how many satellites locked the unit and when the latest message was received. To find out the exact time of the latest information update, hover the mouse cursor over the icon and study the tooltip.
The first bar indicates the availability of the satellites:
- more than three satellites are available (see the exact number of the locked satellites in given the tooltip), or there is no information about the number of satellites, but the message from the unit contains correct coordinates; green:
- from one to three satellites are available; yellow:
- red: the satellites are not available;
- grey: the satellites are not available for the period greater than the one indicated in the Options customizer menu for the Motion state option.
The second bar shows the latest data received from the unit:
- green: the unit sent the data less than 5 minutes ago;
- yellow: the unit sent the data within the last hour;
- orange: the unit sent the data in the last 24 hours;
- red: no messages for a long period of time;
- grey: the object never sent the data.
You can customize the unit filtering on the Monitoring tab and/or on the map by the relevance of the latest message. To do this, change Without filtration to Work list or Work list and map and specify the filtration interval in minutes. The filtration can affect only the work list on the Monitoring tab or both the work list and the map.
Filtering is applied to all the units available to the user. Therefore, the units with recent data are shown in the work list and/or on the map, even if they were not added to the Monitoring tab previously. Read more about how data recency filtering affects the work list here.
The Actualizer application can help reveal inactive units. This application allows setting any period of inactivity.
Shows whether there is a connection with the unit at the moment.
- : the unit is connected;
- : the unit is not connected.
The connection with a unit is determined by one of the two methods depending on the number of minutes indicated in the Connection state field:
0 minutes: the connection state is determined only by the presence or absence of the TCP or UDP connection between the tracker and the server;
from 1 to 999 minutes: the connection state is determined by the presence or absence of messages with data from the unit for the previous X indicated minutes (the TCP or UDP connection is not taken into account).
- sensor properties, and the sensor is selected on the Advanced tab); (or any other colour): visualizes the sensor value (the colour is set in the
- : text parameters (can be properly adjusted through a custom sensor);
- : the option is not activated for this unit;
- : the value is unknown.
When placing the mouse cursor over the square, you can see the name of the sensor and its value (or description) in the tooltip.
In this column, the battery level of the device is displayed. There are 4 available states:
- : battery level from 0 to 25%;
- : battery level from 26 to 50%;
- : battery level from 51 to 75%;
- : battery level from 76 to 100%.
The exact value of the charge is shown in the icon's tooltip. If there is no proper sensor configured for the unit, then next to its name in this column the icon is displayed, the tooltip of which says: State is unknown. If the sensor sends invalid values that cannot be converted into a percentage using the calculation table, then in the column the icon is displayed. In its tooltip, it is written: Error.
Options of action
The parameters of the last two sections are designed for the execution of some action on the unit.
The buttons allow you to build a track of unit movements.
- : show a track on the map;
- : remove a track from the map;
- : not enough rights to query tracks for this unit.
When pressing the Show track button next to a unit, the track of this unit appears on the map. In the panel settings, you should also specify the interval for track building: Yesterday, Week, Month or Custom interval (manual mode). Other parameters (such as line width, annotations, markers, trip detector, etc.) are taken from the Tracks tab. If you select the Custom interval option, the time interval is also taken from this tab. All 'quick' tracks are displayed on the Tracks tab where you can manipulate them in the same way as the usual ones: show/hide, remove from the map, etc. Track colours can be set in the unit properties on the Advanced tab.
messages from a unit.Request
- : display messages;
- : not enough rights to query messages from this unit.
The requested data is displayed on the Messages tab. The standard time interval (Today, Yesterday, Week or Month) for the query is set in the customizer of monitoring options. If Custom interval is selected, the interval is taken from the Messages tab. In this case, only messages with data are loaded, and the style of display is taken from the panel itself.
report on a unit.Execute a quick
- : execute a report;
- there are no unavailable report templates of the Unit type. : not enough rights to execute reports for this unit or
In the drop-down list, select one of the available templates of the Unit type on the basis of which the report should be executed. Then select one of the standard time intervals (Today, Yesterday, Week, Month, Other). The Custom interval option allows you to execute reports for the interval specified on the Reports tab.
media files (images or videos) received from the unit (works for the devices that have such functionality).View the latest
- : the button to view media files;
- : no pictures (video) available.
Open a mini-window in the mode of video monitoring.
- : click on the button to open a mini-window in the mode of video monitoring;
- : there is no video available for the unit.
commands to units:Buttons to send
- : there are available commands;
- : there are available commands, including GPRS commands (using TCP or UDP channel);
- : there are available commands, including GPRS commands, however, the current user does not have enough access rights to send them;
- : there are no commands available or no rights to send them.
Send SMS to the unit or driver (the addressee is selected in the drop-down menu if both options are available). For full functionality, the current user should have the rights to send SMS, as well as the right to Edit connectivity settings of the unit.
- : send SMS to the unit or driver;
- : the user has the right to send SMS, but there are no available phone numbers of the unit or driver.
Manual registration for such events as fuel fillings, maintenance service and other events in the unit history.
- event registration window; : open the
- : not enough rights to register events for this unit.
The buttons used to clear the list. To remove all the units or groups from the list, press the button in the header of the table. The same button is located in front of each unit or group and allows to remove the items individually.
If the options are selected for the additional menu (i.e. checked in the second column of the customizer of monitoring options), you can find them in the column with the iconunder the button .
Other buttons and signs can be found on the Monitoring tab.
The units that are selected for display on the map are checked in the first column of the table. To select all the units, check the icon at the top of the table.
A switch-button which shows that the items of the work list are sorted by name in direct order.
A switch-button which shows that the items of the work list are sorted by name in reverse order.
A switch-button which shows that the work list displays singular units.
A switch-button which shows that the work list displays the unit groups. Read more about the work list settings.
The button to find and add the units or groups to the list.
The button to add all available units or groups to the work list.
The Monitoring panel customizer (column selection).